Friday, March 5, 2010

Today I was sitting in the waiting area of the car wash getting my car oil changed and watched. I sat there reading an Essence magazine article on interracial dating. Ok so it 2010 and we as black women are still having issues with interracial dating. I for one have no comment because I have a lot of people in my family that are in interracial relationships. My mother for one is married to a white man. So my question is who or what is the wall that is blocking our beautiful black sistas from finding love out there. Forget about the brotha who is dating out of his race. We now have to find love where we have not looked before. Take me for example I am married with two beautiful kids. I am a very strong black female. Yes, I am married to a black man; But he is not an American. He hales from the Island of St. Lucia. I feel that if you want love that person does not have to be in your back door or around the block. Explore, find what you are looking for and who knows you might find love in other gardens. There are plenty of other races that love our black beautiful skin, just because Bob or Timmy doesn't like us. Find a Pierre, or a Juan, or even an Umbutu that will love you all the same. Love is out there girls go and find it and move out of your comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment